Target This by Lily White

                                                                  Description:
 I’m not sure what I was thinking that day.

It was a normal Thursday, nothing new or exciting had occurred in the morning.

I’d risen from bed, taken a shower and brushed my teeth. I’d then jumped on the 8:05 bus that ran a short distance between my house and the county library where I worked.

The ride took its usual 15 minutes before it left me standing fresh faced in front of a building of gothic construction that was my favorite place in the world.

After straightening my knee length skirt, I pushed open the door that led into the interior of the library.

It was at that moment that my world would change – impossibly and forever. It was a fateful movement of wood that collided with the shoulder of a man that would alter my very existence.

It wasn’t fear that I felt at that moment – more like the feeling of being watched. It was the feeling of knowing that danger lurks - the sensation of the hair standing on end at the back of your neck.

Looking back on a moment that happened so many months ago, I now realize that I should have listened to that feeling.

As I would later find out, the man standing in front of me referred to himself as Master Lucas…

…and I was his next target.





                                                        My opinion:
  Autumn was working in the library one day she bumped into a gorgeous man, he asked for her help finding a book. She had an immediate bad feeling about him but she overlooked it. Lucas was very intrigued by her and a bit annoyed by her audacity so he thought he could teach her a lesson.
She was his next target. Autumn had mentioned to her friend Mary Beth that she hated Luca's books and she challenged her to read at least one of them. She decided to do it and she was sure she'll hate it. The next day Lucas has set his plan about Autumn in motion. After their "date" he gave her another one of his books to read and told her to pay attention to what she was reading. After a couple days when Autumn needed help he was more than happy to assist her. Many unfortunate incidents were happening to her and all of them seem to benefit him. She realised that whatever he did for her was for his own benefit but she had no other choice but to submit to him. When Autumn found out the truth she decided to take revenge. She didn't make it to happen but she had learned a valuable lesson.





It's definately a dark novel, so if you don't like mind manipulation,rape,abusive behavior do not read it. Well writen, intense,the story is being told by both Lucas and Autumn.Detailed description which helps you to imagine the scenes. I must admit that i liked it on some level,it was very interesting but i was a bit confused in the end (i guess i have to re-read it). The characters are one of a kind. Lucas is dark,dominating and sadistic. Autumn seems so innocent and weak but at the  end she is very strong.
Sarah is the worst character of the book for me, she is so much worst than Lucas. The book has not the happily ever after ending.













My favourite lines:
 1)“No need to apologize. Just know that I don’t allow people to touch me without my permission.
However, if you would like to request to touch me, I’m sure we can work something out.” The corner
of his lip twitched when he finished speaking and anger burst through me in response to his words.

2)“Do as I say, rabbit, and I promise you, I’ll leave you dripping in the
juices of your orgasm. There is a whore inside you waiting to be released. Allow me to be the one to
slip the prim and proper skin from your body to reveal the instinctual drive inherent in you to be
dominated by a man.”

3), “Let’s get this over with. I suddenly feel the need to fuck the shit out of you, Ms. Cleary, and I don’t like that this punishment is getting in my way.”






You can buy it on amazon:
                                                                Target This
 



Δημοσίευση σχολίου

0 Σχόλια